For more information, visit the USA
Funds Web site.
Funds Stafford Loan Guide to Provide Entrance-Counseling Help
Submitted by Arnold Trejo, Sandy Holt
& John Bautista
Beginning in spring 2006, USA Funds® will offer financial-aid administrators
and their students a new interactive online Stafford-loan entrance-counseling
tool designed to meet the unique needs of each school and its students.
The USA Funds Stafford Loan Guide will help financial-aid administrators
build lasting relationships with borrowers by giving the borrowers trusted
advice about their student loans, helping them understand their rights
and responsibilities as student-loan borrowers, and providing them with
memorable guidance that will prepare them to take control of their student
USA Funds Stafford Loan Guide will offer flexibility in using the
program, built-in reporting features, easy-to-understand material, and
phone or e-mail support when you need it.
By using the USA Funds Stafford Loan Guide, financial-aid administrators
- Meet federal requirements by offering students comprehensive entrance-counseling
content specifically designed for them.
- Communicate with all student-loan borrowers—including commuters
and distance learners—in an efficient and engaging manner.
- Give students an easy-to-use, interactive tool to help them understand
their responsibilities as federal student-loan borrowers, take control
of their education debt and ultimately successfully repay their loans.
- Track students’ progress and know how many students started
the counseling session and completed the counseling session.
- Access reports online for individual students or groups of students.
- Choose how often to receive notices of students who have completed
- Create reports that are attractive, well-organized and easy to
- Save time by automating this federally mandated requirement.
- Access help through dedicated telephone and e-mail support.
The USA Funds Stafford Loan Guide was designed based on the advice
of student-loan borrowers and financial-aid professionals. Students
who use the USA Funds Stafford Loan Guide to complete their entrance-counseling
- Choose a time that’s convenient for them. The counseling
session is available online and may be accessed through your school’s
- Complete the counseling requirement in one session or several sessions.
Most students take 45 minutes or less.
- Comprehend and remember the content. USA Funds Stafford Loan Guide
has simplified information on each screen so students can quickly
grasp the main ideas.
- Take and pass tests throughout the program to ensure students grasp
- Use a tool that’s been specifically designed for their age
- Access dedicated telephone or e-mail support.
For more information, visit the USA Funds Web site, www.usafunds.org,
and select “Financial-Aid Professionals,” “Debt-Management
Information” and “USA Funds Stafford Loan Guide.”